Welcome to the Morris Book Shop!
The original Morris Book Shop was opened in 1937 by Jimmy Morris, and had a few owners before it was acquired by Joseph Houlihan in the 1950's. He owned and operated the store in downtown Lexington, Kentucky until its closing in 1978. The new Morris Book Shop was opened in May 2008 by lifelong Lexingtonian Wyn Morris. Although Wyn isn't related to the original proprietor, store manager Hap Houlihan is the great-nephew of Joe Houlihan.
Our goal is to provide the same welcoming atmosphere, authoritative selection, and prompt & friendly service as the original Morris Book Shop, while adding the modern conveniences of online orders & reservations, fast turnaround times for special orders, and community-minded content at morrisbookshop.com.
The Morris Book Shop
882 E. High Street
Lexington. KY 40502
morrisbookshop [at] gmail.com
Monday through Saturday — 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday — 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Book Availability: Please Note!
Search results on morrisbookshop.com are not a real-time indication of our in-store stock. To see if a title is available for immediate pick-up, please contact us by phone (859-276-0494) or by email (email@example.com). Thank you!
- Paulette Livers reads and signs "Cementville" at the Morris Book Shop(2 days)
- Big Ears Story Hour: Saturday mornings at 11:00 at the Morris Book Shop(5 days)
- Big Ears Story Hour: Saturday mornings at 11:00 at the Morris Book Shop(12 days)
- Milton Toby signs "Cañonero II" at the Morris Book Shop(12 days)
- Bryan Station Middle School's "Strolling Strings" play at the Morris Book Shop(12 days)
- Big Ears Story Hour: Saturday mornings at 11:00 at the Morris Book Shop(19 days)