Welcome to the Morris Book Shop!
The original Morris Book Shop was opened in 1937 by Jimmy Morris, and had a few owners before it was acquired by Joseph Houlihan in the 1950's. He owned and operated the store in downtown Lexington, Kentucky until its closing in 1978. The new Morris Book Shop was opened in May 2008 by lifelong Lexingtonian Wyn Morris. Although Wyn isn't related to the original proprietor, store manager Hap Houlihan is the great-nephew of Joe Houlihan.
Our goal is to provide the same welcoming atmosphere, authoritative selection, and prompt & friendly service as the original Morris Book Shop, while adding the modern conveniences of online orders & reservations, fast turnaround times for special orders, and community-minded content at morrisbookshop.com.
The Morris Book Shop
882 E. High Street
Lexington. KY 40502
info [at] morrisbookshop.com
Monday through Saturday — 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday — 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Jarrod Polson reads and signs, "Living Beyond the Dream."(2 days)
- AAAS Reading Series Featuring Dr. DaMaris B. Hill(8 days)
- Robert Gipe reads from and signs, "Trampoline."(9 days)
- Beth Underwood read from and signs, "Gravity."(23 days)
- Mary Coons signs her new children's book, "The Piglys and the Hundred-Year Mystery."(29 days)
- Don Boes signs his new poetry collection, "Good Luck With That."(34 days)