Welcome to the Morris Book Shop!
The original Morris Book Shop was opened in 1937 by Jimmy Morris, and had a few owners before it was acquired by Joseph Houlihan in the 1950's. He owned and operated the store in downtown Lexington, Kentucky until its closing in 1978. The new Morris Book Shop was opened in May 2008 by lifelong Lexingtonian Wyn Morris. Although Wyn isn't related to the original proprietor, store manager Hap Houlihan is the great-nephew of Joe Houlihan.
Our goal is to provide the same welcoming atmosphere, authoritative selection, and prompt & friendly service as the original Morris Book Shop, while adding the modern conveniences of online orders & reservations, fast turnaround times for special orders, and community-minded content at morrisbookshop.com.
The Morris Book Shop
882 E. High Street
Lexington. KY 40502
info [at] morrisbookshop.com
Monday through Saturday — 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday — 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Gwenda Bond Book Release Party(4 days)
- Maryjean Wall signs "Madam Belle: Sex, Money, and Influence in a Southern Brothel"(5 days)
- Terry Foody, RN, MSN signs: "The Pie Seller, The Drunk, and The Lady: Heroes of The 1833 Cholera Epidemic in Lexington, Kentucky"(5 days)
- Felix Francis to sign Dick Francis's "Damage"(10 days)
- Hannah Pittard Reads From and Signs "Reunion"(10 days)
- Lin Enger sings "The High Divide" (12 days)